Common Proficiency Test (CPT) will be directed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA) of India two times in a year that is once in every 6 months. Qualified candidates of this examination will be allowed to pursue the CA (Charted Accountancy) course in this Institute. CPT is considered as the first stage in the CA course for entry to CA Course Institute.
Interested candidates can register either online or offline with the Board of Studies on submission of
Career As A CA (Charted Accountancy)
If you think that you are master in aptitude for numbers and want to make a career in finance, and then this course will be only for you, your aim must be become a chartered accountant. Pursuing CA as a career option is by no means an easy task.
CA is the professional who are delegated with trust and responsibility, acting as expertise responsible for various financial activities carried under the best companies. To be a chartered accountant is considered to be a big achievement. It has a great scope, offering bright prospects in corporate world especially in Finance and Accounts.
About CA-CPT Exam :
One needs to go through plenty of exams and long training session for this. The path to become CA starts with an aptitude test that is held every year. CA-CPT is a common aptitude test that judges aspirants’ capabilities in the following four areas i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. If a candidate qualifies CPT test then he/she will be eligible to write IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) exam that is conducted in two sessions. CA-CPT exam is usually held every year in the month of June and December.
Registration Fee procedure for CA CPT Exam:
Offline Registration Fee Procedure
A student has to follow the examination notification to be issued by the Examination Department of the ICAI, Application for admission to Common Proficiency Test is required to be made in the relevant prescribed form as contained in the Information Brochure, which may be obtained from various branches of ICAI who conduct this exam on payment of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- towards examination fee and Rs. 500/- towards cost of application form and information brochure).
1. Application forms will be attained at the specified centers for those who wish to apply in offline mode.
2. Next candidates have to fill the application form either in black or blue ball point pen only without any mistakes or cuttings.
3. Once the form is filled, candidates needs to pay required application fee on mentioned time.
4. Candidates need to send application form, DD (Demand Draft) along with necessary documents to Address “Additional Secretary (Examinations), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002″
Online Registration Fee Procedure:
Apply online on website: - http://icaiexam.icai.org. Applicants only need to pay Rs 500/- towards the examination fee (by using VISA or MASTER Credit/ Debit Card). They shall not be charged Rs. 500/- (i.e. cost of application form fee).
• Once the registration process is completed, then applicants will receive login credentials as either SMS or through Email.
• Next candidates have to use the login details which are required to fill the application form without any mistakes.
• Now the candidates have to upload recent passport size color photograph and scanned signature of the candidate with the mentioned dimensions also the mentioned documents in the notification.
• Then applicants have to pay the fees.
• Lastly candidates have to verify and submit the form.
• Then send the printout of filled application form, required documents to “Additional Secretary (Examinations), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002″
Eligibility Criteria for CA-CPT Exam :
A metric 10th passed student can register for CPT course by filling in the recommended registration form along with the necessary fee. A student who has passed higher qualifications than 10th class such 12th, B.Com, M.Com, LL.B., and ICWA is also in the first occurrence to appear and pass CPT Examination to join the Chartered Accountancy course.
Age Limit for CA-CPT Exam:
Candidate needs to be above 17 years if applying after 12th class or above 20 years if applying after graduation course.
CPT then CA
Students who wish to pursue the next step of CA course are required to first qualify CPT exam as well as 10+2 or its equivalent examination.
CA CPT Syllabus :
Candidates appearing for CA CPT Exam should possess basic knowledge of subjects like fundamental accounting, mercantile law, quantitative aptitude and general economics. Questions will be of multiple choices only. Syllabus for all the mentioned subjects is as given below:-
•Fundamental Accounting: - Introduction to Company Accounts, Partnerships Accounts Theoretical Framework, Depreciation Accounting, Bank Reconciliation Statement etc.
•Mercantile Law: - Different types of acts like goods act 1930, Indian contract act 1872 and Partnership act 1932.
•Quantitative Aptitude: - Basic concepts of differential and integral calculus, sets, functions and relations, simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion, logarithms and Indices.
•General Economics: - Economy reforms in India, theories on production and cost, demand & supply and micro economics.
CA CPT Important Exam Dates
CA CPT Exam June 2015
Applications will be available either in offline or online from the 7th of April 2015.
Closing date of receipt of the form is on 28 April 2015.
CA CPT June 2015 will be held on Sunday, 14th June, 2015.
First Session (i.e. Morning Session)
10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section- A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section-B Mercantile Laws
Second Session (i.e. Afternoon Session)
2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section-C General Economics
Section-D Quantitative Aptitude
CA CPT Exam December 2015
• Applications will be available either in offline or online from the 20th of September 2015.
• Closing date of online application is on 28 October 2015.
• Closing date of receipt of the form is on 28 October 2015.
• Exam will be held on 14th of December 2015.